To inquire about advertising your product, website, or content on Born On Web, please contact us at [email protected]
Before inquiring, please review the notes below to see if your advertisements are good fit for the site and its audience.
What kinds of ad formats do you accept?
Currently, we support the following types of ad formats:
- Contextual: Your is a word or group of words that are are linked to a website/product within an article/post.
- Non-Contextual Text: Your ad is a link outside of an article (ex: on a widget, or directly on the homepage, or on the sidebar or footer).
- Contextual Images: An image that is within an article. For example, a book review or product review has an image, and that image links to a site where the product may be purchased.
- Non-contextual Images: An image that is placed outside of an article (ex: in the footer, sidebar, etc).
- Sponsored Post: You provide us with an article and we publish it. The article must follow our editorial policy.
- Sponsored Post (written by us): We write an article about your product or service. The article, along with its content (text, images) offer the product for purchase through an external site. Here’s an example.
We currently do not offer banner advertisements, “background image” ads, homepage takeovers, or pop-ups.
What kind of products/websites can I advertise?
We will not link out to websites or products that are opposed to our philosophy. For example, we’d never link to a book by a psychic who claims to have supernatural powers, or to a supplement that claims to dramatically improve memory or cure cancer. We would, however, link to a book that describes how psychics practice their craft (ie: the art of cold reading).
In general, links to science-based products or educational materials are best (ex: microscopes, telescopes, books, DVD sets, courses, course-ware, funny t-shirts or other apparel, etc).
What about the Google Ads you have on the site?
Well, we don’t really control those since they’re served up Google. We’ve blocked the nasty stuff, but occasionally you might see an ad that goes against our general policy. We do keep an eye on it though, and will filter out inappropriate ads when possible.
What are your rates?
Our rates are very flexible and competitive. At this stage, we do not have a self-serve system, so please contact [email protected] for any inquiries.
As a general rule, the fees for contextual ads are the lowest, and the fees for non-contextual images ads are the highest. For example, an image placed on the main sidebar on the site (guaranteeing its visibility on any post) would have a higher rate than a contextual link in a single article. For sponsored posts, rates are flexible based on article length. Volume discounts may also be applied.